Passport is a document provided by Ministry of External Affairs, Indian Government who wants to depart from the country for various reasons like education, business, holiday tour, etc.,. Passport is the identity card to citizen going to other countries, which act as a proof as of which country they belong to. Generally passports are of 3 types, ordinary passport, diplomatic passport and official passport. Ordinary passport has dark blue color cover and is valid for 10 years to any Indian citizen for vacation, education, business travel. Any citizen holding the Indian citizenship can apply for passport. one can apply passport through online and offline as well
How to register for new Passport in India
If you are an old user, just log in to account. For the first time user, you need to register.
- On the homepage you will find an option “new user/register now”. Click on that option.
- A user registration form is displayed on screen
- Provide all the details, especially the red asterisk symbols. Enter captcha and hit register button
- For the account confirmation, you will be send an confirmation link to your email id. By clicking on confirmation link, your account activates
- With the user id and password log on to account. “Applicant home” directs the page
- 6 Options appears on screen. Select the option “apply of fresh passport/reissue of passport”
- The referral page appears on screen.
- Here one can apply for passport using 2 alternatives
How to apply Passport in India online
Alternative 1 applying the passport through offline by downloading the soft copy, filling it and uploading it
Alternative 2 applying the passport through online, make sure the internet connection is on, during filling the form
- Click on “click here to fill online application form online” in alternative 2
- “Present residential address details” page appears on screen. Select “district” and “state”
- “Passport type” displays on screen. In the “applying for” option, “select fresh passport”, for newly applying.
- If already have a passport then select “reissue of passport”
- Now select the type of application, “normal” or “tatkal”
- If “normal” is selected, within 30 days new passport comes with a fee of rs.1500
- If “tatkal” is selected,then within 15 days new passport comes with a fee of rs.3000
- Select how many “pages of passport booklet” you need i.e., either “36 pages” or “60 pages”
- Hit on next button
- A page of applicant details appears on screen
- Furnish all the details properly without any mistakes and hit on “next” button
- Family details page, present residential address page, emergency contact page, references page, previous passport page, other details page simultaneously appears on screen.
- Enter all the details and hit on “next” button
- Passport details verification appears, where the details which you filled up are displayed in this page.
- A self declaration form appears on screen, provide the place and click on “I agree”, and click on “submit form”
- After successful submission of application, Application Reference Number(ARN) appears on screen.
How to make payment for getting passport through online
In the same page itself, 3 options are provided, pay and schedule appointment, print application receipt, upload supporting documents
Click on “pay and schedule appointment”, 2 options displays on screen. Select any 1 out of 2
“Online payment” or “challan payment”
By clicking on “online payment” list of appointment dates and centres are displayed. Select anyone and enter “next” button
In the next page click on “pay and book appointment”
After payment is made, you need to go to the “passport seva kendra” with all the necessary original documents
In the 3 counters you are subsequently verified, in counter 1 with signature, thumb impressions and biometric scanning.
In counter 2 verification officer will verify your original documents, in counter 3 the same continues
PSK will issue an acknowledge receipt for tracking status .
within 20 days policemen may visit your home for verification and new passport comes to you by post
What are the documents to submit for applying passport
Address proof ( any 2)
- Aadhaar card
- Voter id card,
- Current bill
- Ration card
- Bank pass book
Photo id proof(any 1)
- Pan card
- Aadhaar card
- Driving license
- Any id card issued by government
Original SSC marks memo
Also read how to apply voter id card in gujarat
Warning: file_get_contents(https://plusone.google.com/_/+1/fastbutton?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.downloadvoterid.in%2Fhow-to%2Fapply-passport-india-online.html): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found in /home/downloadvoterid/public_html/wp-content/themes/goodnews5/framework/functions/posts_share.php on line 151