Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-PMAY scheme and Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme (CLSS) was started by honourable Prime Minister Narendra Modi, in June 2015, with the mission of “housing for all”. The main aim of this scheme is to remove slum area and to give 2 crore pucca houses at low rate of interest to Lower Income Group (LIG), Middle Income Group (MIG) and Below Poverty Line (BPL) people. Usually, this scheme is divided into 3 phases from june 2015 to 2022. Scheme is applicable all over India with over 200 selected cities. Beneficiaries will avail the interest rate of 6.5% to 9% for a period of 20 years, which is far more lesser than other banks.
Female beneficiaries are given first preference, while the joint ownership of wife and husband is also undertaken. Additional loan beyond limit is not subsidised. Many private sector banks like ICICI, HDFC, etc., are offering Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme (CLSS)
Who are Eligible for applying PMAY scheme?
- First and foremost thing is that every member of the family should have Aadhar card
- Those people who don’t have their own house or want to renovate their old house are eligible
- Beneficiary family should not have received any central assistance
- Beneficiary should not be more than 70 yrs
- BPL group annual income should not be more than 3 lakhs
- LIG group annual income should not be more than 6 lakhs with 90 sq mts of carpet area
- MIG group annual income should not be more than 9 lakhs to 12 lakhs with 11 sq mts of carpet area with 4 and 3 % concession
- Pradhan mantri awas yojana Gramin(G) will get a subsidy of 1.2 lakhs
- Pradhan mantri awas yojana Urban(U) will get a subsidy of 2.4 lakhs
What is the process to apply PMAY Scheme?
- The application form is available through online only.
- Applicants has to download the form, fill it up and hand it over to respective CSCs
- Scheme is applicable through online and offline as well
- Offline : In offline, the survey is being conducted by local bodies in Gramin and Urban and targeted group of people are listed out. When survey is done, registration will start after correct verification process.
- Online : beneficiary has to register himself for free through Pradhan mantri awas yojana official website http://www.pmaymis.gov.in/ . click on link and fill in all details and submit after completion.
- CSC : Common Service Centers are available across all 200 states. Applicant has to submit all the documents along with 25/- as service charge and registration fee at CSCs
What are Documents to submit for PMAY SCHEME
- Aadhar card of all family members
- Annual income certificate
- 2 months salary slip
- Last 6 months bank statement
- Latest form 16/ITR
- BPL certificate for BPL income group
- LIG certificate for LIG income group
- Residential proof
- Bank account/branch details
- Property documents
How to apply PMAY through online ?
- Firstly visit PMAY website, you will get a disclaimer page, click ok.
- PMAY Portal appears on screen
- Click on tab citizens assessment.
- You will have a drop down list of 4 groups slum dwellers, benefits under 3 components, track your assessment form and edit assessment form and all.
- Select the option, if “slum dwellers” if you live in slum area, if not, go for option “benefits under 3 components”
- After selection, enter Aadhar number and then click on check
- You will get application form in next page on screen
- After proper filling, enter captcha code and click on submit button
- The applicant will get acknowledgement card and assessment ID for tracking status
How to apply through CSC in PMAY scheme ?
- Click on official website https://registration.csc.gov.in/pmay/ for registration
- Click on “Apply here” option
- A fresh page with Aadhar number and monthly family income comes onscreen
- Fill in details, click on declaration box and then click on next button
- You will be asking 3 types of verification method, eye scan, OTP, Fingerprint.
- Choose one of the best and easiest option i.e OTP
- Click again on declaration box, next button and generate OTP
- Your registered mobile number receives OTP
- Enter OTP and click on valid OTP
- Application form appears on screen, fill all details and click submit button
- Finally Acknowledgement card and assessment ID is furnished