According to the Hindu marriage act 1955 or special marriage act 1954, Supreme Court of India in 2006 has made mandatory to register all marriages. Marriage certificate is a document as a proof given by government that both are officially married and that their marriage is registered. The minimum age of eligibility for marriage for male is 21 and female is 18. It is applicable at office of sub registrar office.
Before applying for registration of marriage certificate there are certain conditions which has to be meet the eligibility criteria and apply accordingly
- Both the male and female should be of same religion like hindu, buddhists, jain, etc.,
- Neither of the party should be living with spouse at the time of marriage
- Neither of them are complaint with unsound mind, mentally ill, unfit for procreation of children
- Both of them are majors
- Both are not within any degree of prohibited relationship like brother and sister, uncle and aunt of 2 brothers and sisters, etc.,
- In such case marriage is null and void. Such marriages are punishable with imprisonment or 10,000 or at times both.
What are the documents to submit for marriage certificate
- Marriage invitation card
- 2 Marriage photographs of ceremonies
- 2 identity proofs of both bride and groom
- Address proof
- Affidavit of Notary/Executive Magistrate
- Duly attestation copy of divorcee in case of divorced and death certificate of spouse in case of widow/widower
- In case of foreigner NOC from embassy and visa details
- All the proofs are attested by gazetted officer
How to Apply for Registration of Marriage Certificate in India
- Visit sub registrar office and take form A, fill it in detail and signed by husband and wife
- Its better to write the surname of husband
- Pay amount of Rs.100 as fee at cashier counter in sub registrar office
- Attach all the documents at sub registrar office with payment receipt
- Assigned with 3 other witnesses who were present at marriage ceremony
- Witness PAN card and address proof
- The sub registrar gives you date on one of the working days
- Both husband and wife shall be present on the date before sub registrar, and receive the marriage certificate
How to apply for registration of marriage certificate under special marriage act 1954
- Under this act bride and groom with different religions can marry.
- Either of the parties need to notify the concern officer before 30 days of marriage and has to reside under his jurisdiction.
- Payment of Rs.150 has to be made at cashier in sub registrar office.
- A copy of notice is affixed on notice board, two copies to both the parties through register post and another copy is sent to officer of the area and where either of the parties are living.
- From the date of publication till one month if no objection arises then marriage is performed after proper enquiry with three witnesses duly signing.
- After marriage couple can apply for marriage certificate.
Warning: file_get_contents(https://plusone.google.com/_/+1/fastbutton?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.downloadvoterid.in%2Fhow-to%2Fapply-marriage-certificate-india-registration-procedure-complete-guide.html): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found in /home/downloadvoterid/public_html/wp-content/themes/goodnews5/framework/functions/posts_share.php on line 151