Permanent account number (PAN) is a very important document and identification card also. It is the card issued by income tax department, to keep control of one’s income and try to rule out the illegal money. Every person with business or doing job shall have pan card. If purchasing of jewellery, land, automobiles, or any other asset exceeding 50,000, then one has to submit pan card. Income tax department issues only one pan card to each individual. One can apply Pan card at nearest pan centers. Even brokers will also do the same but with a certain amount ranging from 400 – 500. You also have the choice of downloading application form and sending it with related documents through post.
The amount differs for the candidates residing in india and outside india. For indian citizens the amount is 107 and for residents residing outside the country is 994, excluding postal/courier charges.
How to apply for pan card in India offline
- Form 49A is the application form for applying pan card in India
- Visit nearest pan center take it by hand or
- Download the form from NSDL official website
- Affix passport size photographs and do signature across the photo at left side of the form and signature underneath it at right side of the form.
- Fill in the all the details carefully in block letters with black ink only
- Send it through post with all the demand draft of rs.96 in favor of NSDL-PAN payable at pan centers
- One shall submit all the documents with self attestation.
After the payment is made citizens has to send the relevant documents to the following address. Make sure the documents must reach within 15 days from date of application. Send the documents in an envelope super scribing as APPLICATION FOR PAN – N-ACKNOWLEDGEMENT NUMBER
INCOME TAX PAN SERVICES UNIT (Managed by NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited), 5th floor, Mantri Sterling, Plot No. 341, Survey No. 997/8, Model Colony, Near Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune – 411016
In case of any queries call to PAN/TDS Call Centre at 020 – 27218080
what are documents to apply pan card in India
Proof of Identity
- Aadhaar card
- Voter ID card
- Driving license
- 10th class memo
- Bank pass book
Proof of Address
- aadhaar card
- Electricity bill
- telephone bill
- gas bill
- bank pass book