Who is a Service Voter ?
According to Election Commission, a service voter is the one
- Serving one of the member in armed forces of union
- A member of police force of a state
- A person who is a government employee but posted outside india
A service voter can vote from his posting place. Postal ballots are sent by returning officer
How to apply as Service Voter in Karnataka ?
To become a Service Voter, one has to fill any one forms below
- 2 – Members of Armed/military Forces
- 2 A – Members of Armed Police Force of a State, serving outside that State
- 3 – Government servants posted India
Visit the official ceo karnataka website
On the home screen click on the option download forms
Select any one form out of 3 form 2, form 2 A, form 3
Fill in the form properly
Submit vote and become classified service voter(CSV)
Submit your vote in the postal ballot sent by nodal officer either through post or electronically.
Who is an Overseas Elector ?
- An overseas elector is the one who resides outside the country but does not possess citizenship of other countries
- Who has attained age of 18 years
- Giving a strong reason, as of why moved out of country like education, employment, etc.,
What are the documents to submit for an Overseas Elector ?
- One recent passport size photograph
- Xerox of relevant pages of passport with photographs
- All the xerox copies must be with self attestation
- Xerox of visa documents
How to apply for an Overseas Elector in Karnataka ?
An overseas elector has to make his presence before ERO Electoral Registration Officer with passport and latest visa documents. To apply as an overseas elector one has to submit form 6A. Form 6A is the document to be submitted to ERO with valid documents
Firstly visit the page CEO Karnataka website
Click on download forms option
Amongst them select form 6A
Form 6A is for Application for Inclusion of Name in Electoral Roll by an Overseas Elector.
Fill in the form and submit it to returning officer as person with latest original passport and visa
Place the reason as of why being absent from country.
After mere check up of form and documents, ERO gives back original documents
apply voter id card in karnataka