According to Representation of People (Amendment) act, 2010, A person who is a citizen of India and does not own citizenship of any other country can become an Overseas Elector. Election commission and Government of India, has made easy and available the option of voting, for those citizens who has been away from country for quite a long time.
An overseas elector has to present himself with form 6a and original passport and submit for applying voter id before Electoral Registration Officer (ERO). If an overseas elector cannot be present then he can submit documents through post duly attested by Indian Mission Officer of concerned country.
Who are Overseas Elector eligible to apply Voter ID in Gujarat
- A citizen who has got 18 yrs of age
- An ordinary resident who has not possessed other country citizenship
- An ordinary resident who has attain 18 yrs of age and resides in Gujarat
- Placing a strong reason for being out of country like education, employment, etc.
How can Overseas Elector apply Voter ID online in Gujarat
Form 6a is the form for an overseas elector to apply for an voter id card. It can be downloaded from official website of Gujarat chief election officer website, official NVSP portal, from Indian Missions in foreign countries and in the offices of EROs in India.
- Visit the Gujarat’s official CEO website
- Click on the tab “Online Voter Registration”
- Sign up with all your valid details
- Log on and select form 6a
- Select the language out of 3 of your convenient
- Furnish all the valid details including passport and visa details
- Provide the reason for being absent from country
- Upload documents of photograph and pages of passport
- Enter submit button
How can Overseas Elector apply Voter ID Offline in Gujarat
- On the homepage, click on the tab “for voter”
- A drop down list appears
- Click on the tab “Forms for voter”
- A list of forms appears in which select form 6a https://ceo.gujarat.gov.in/FormsForVoterEnglish/Form6A_English.pdf
- Fill up document in presence of Electoral Registration Officer and submit it
- All the documents are duly checked along with original passport
- After check up, ERO gives back passport
What are the documents to submit for an overseas elector
- One passport sized photograph
- Xerox of relevant pages of passport with photographs
- Xerox of valid visa documents
- All the xerox copies must be with self attestation