Green Remit Card is the best initiative started by India’s Largest bank State Bank of India on 01.07.2010 at 57 pilot branches. Green Remit card is issued by SBI. It is a magnetic stripe based card without pin. Green card is specially designed for non-home based customers who frequently send money to their families. It is one of the best step taken up by SBI, as it not only encourages in lessening of paperwork but also in reducing process time. Paperless and cashless banking is basically encouraged by SBI. Firstly visit the counter, swipe the card, enter and deposit the amount, without filling any receipts is the simple process of Green remit card.
How to Apply Green Remit Card ?
- The best part of Green remit card, is that the non-account holders can remit amount to account holders of SBI. Basically non account holders can transfer money to Account holders of SBI at regular intervals.
- Customer has to visit GCC(Green Channel Counter) branch or CDM (Cash Deposit Machine)
- Submit application form along with ID proof
- Green card is then mapped to particular Beneficiary a/c.
- It is mapped so that the cash is deposited to that card of respective beneficiary a/c
- It is linked to a specific account only to which you are depositing the money
- Green remit card is issued by paying of Rs.20 as service charge along with ID proof.
Transaction is limited to Rs.25,000 per transaction rounding of a whole sum of 1,00,000 per month
- Depositor has to visit any GCC/CDM branch to deposit cash to respective beneficiary account.
- At green channel counter, customer swipes his card at (POS), Point Of Sale machine.
- Once the card is swiped, he is asked to select the type of transaction i.e., cash deposit, cash withdrawal and fund transfer.
- When the customer selects the type of account, account particulars are displayed on screen for confirmation
- He is asked to enter the amount, followed by PIN number.
- After cash is collected, Machine printed receipt is generated.
- After transaction is completed, immediately customer and beneficiary will get message.
- Beneficiarie’s SBI account is updated along with transaction amount and card number.