Aadhaar card has become one of the powerful ID card. Aadhaar is linked with each and every ID card right from gas connection to Pan card. So, details must be provided correctly, failing which may lead to inactive of card. It is mandatory to link Aadhaar with every account like bank account, pan card, gas connection, etc. if within 3 years Aadhaar is not linked with any of the documents, it may get inactive. Make sure to update it, without delay
Well Aadhaar has got its official website through which applicants can access and update all changes or can make corrections.
https://uidai.gov.in/ Unique Identification Authority Of India, (UDAI), is the Government agency responsible for generating and providing Aadhaar to residents of India.
According to UIDAI, 3 ways to make changes/corrections in Aadhaar card
- Update Aadhaar details (online) – Self Service Update Portal
- Update Request by Post
- Make corrections at Enrollment Centre
To Update any type of changes or to make any corrections one must have registered mobile number to receive OTP, SMS, Password to login
How to make corrections in AADHAAR CARD (online) – Self Service Update Portal
Any type of changes can be updated like Name, Address, Gender, Mobile Number or EMail ID. Only with registered mobile number it is possible as applicant receives OTP.
- Login with Aadhaar.
- Upload Documents.
- Select BPO Service Provider and Submit request
Applicants has to scan and submit only the relevant document which he is changing with self signed
- This is the self service update portal through which applicant can update changes
- This is to track and check Aadhar card status
How to Update Request by Post in AADHAAR CARD
- Firstly download form
- Tick on fields on top of the page that are to be correct
- Fill the details either in English or local language, which you have used at the time of enrollment of Aadhaar
- Also fill Mobile number with Email ID which is mandatory
- Self attested documents need to be sent through post in envelope to UIDAI official address
- Write boldly on envelope writing as “Aadhaar update or correction”
Post Box No. 99,
How to make Corrections in AADHAAR at Enrollment Centre
Visiting enrollment centre is merely easy way to get updated Aadhaar card. Here at enrollment centre, service provider will issue the updated Aadhaar by taking the biometric (iris, photo, fingerprints). Take the Original documents with you for after scanning. Just visit your nearest permanent enrollment service centre https://appointments.uidai.gov.in/easearch.aspx .
- Through this website one can track the permanent aadhaar enrolment centre of their area
What is the fee for aadhaar card corrections ?
Well applying through online and post it is free of cost. But at enrollment centre one is charged amount of Rs.25 each time. For biometric or first time applying of Aadhaar Rs.55 are charged
How many days will it take to get Aadhaar card?
It takes about 90 days to get Updates Aadhaar card. If once your card is approved, you will be notified by getting SMS to your mobile number. One can collect it by downloading on clicking “Download Aadhaar” on UIDAI website. If applied through enrollment centre, service provider will be giving the new Aadhaar